Zakat al Fitr – Sadaat
What is Zakat ul Fitr?
Zakat ul Fitr is a charitable donation given for the pleasure of Allah (swt) that must be given before Eid prayer on the 1st of Shawwal marking Eid ul Fitr. The donation to be given is 3kg of staple foods such as barley, wheat, rice etc which currently equates to about CA$10 per person and is payable on the person’s own behalf and all of his or her dependents.
This Donation goes to Sadaat Fitra.
If You are Sayyid, Pay here.
Zakat al-Fitr (also called fitra or fitrana) is a charitable donation given before Eid al-Fitr prayer. It is equal to the price of one meal, which is estimated to be around $10, given on behalf of every member of the family. You can make sure to pay your Zakat al-Fitr on time by giving it online!
Zakat is not just a fundamental pillar of Islam – it is also a revolutionary concept with the potential to ease the suffering of millions around the world. For those who have to pay Zakat, it is an obligation, but for the orphans, widows and people struck by tragedies, it’s the difference between life and death.
Please Make sure to Pay Under correct choice. If You are Sayyid, Pay here. We will make sure to disburse Fitra accordingly.
For Donors’s Knowledge, Some of the rules are as follows:
- The definition of Faqeer/deserving to receive Fitra: Faqeer is the one who cannot afford his/her and dependents’ basic expenses and doesn’t have anyone (including govt) who can take care of him/her. For Fitrah, Faqir must be twelver Shia and not indujing in greater sins/gunahan e kabira openly.
- We are not responsible to knock the doors in search of Faqeer. Faqeer should be noticeable or we know personally or by reliable sources.
- If we have such people in our city only then giving out Zakate Fitra to them is allowed. Otherwise the money must be transferred to the regions where we are sure about deserving families.
- It is Wajib to pay Fitrah to our local Faqir/Fuqara, but still if someone chooses to transfer to other locality, he/she has gone against Wajib but his fitra is acceptable and he/she is not needed to pay again as long as he had delivered the fitrah to deserving person.
- It is Mustahab to prefer relative (must not be dependent) Faqeer over others.
- Zakat al-Fitrah becomes wajib (obligatory) after sunset on the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr. The Zakat al-Fitrah should be paid or set aside at the latest before Eid prayers for those who will perform the prayers, or before midday (the time of dhuhr prayers) for those who will not perform Eid prayers.
- To allow enough time for the money to reach a Needy Before the Eid day, It is permissible to pay Zakal al-Fitra amount to the needy before the sunset of the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr with the niyyat of Qarz-ul-Faqeer and then after the sunset of the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr, The Niyyah must be changed to Zakat-al-Fitrah.